Saturday 25 July 2015

Holiday haul

It's been a while, but I'm back!
I was on a holiday in Luxembourg, which I spent with my family. I think all of us calmed a little (see previous post) and we had a lot of fun. We went to different castles, went shopping in the city of Luxembourg, and we went on a 11.7km walk, which is something I'll never do again, mostly because my mom tricked me in coming with her by saying we would only walk the first part of the route. I've learned my lesson.

Of course when I buy things in the capital city I gotta show them off. So here's what I bought:


I got these books from an English book store that was somewhere in Luxembourg. It was a small, but nice store. There were so many cool books there, but eventually I chose these two.
I heard a lot of good things about Eleanor & Park, and although I'm not one for the romance stories, I decided to give it a try. It has lots of great reviews so it has to be read worthy. The other book, Simon vs the homo sapiens agenda, is a book I had never heard of before but it got my interest when I read the quote "Straight people should have to come out too. The more awkward it is, the better" on the back. I don't know why but it made me snigger, so I decided to give this book a try. I don't know if it'll be any good, but I'm sure eager to start reading it. I also wanted to buy "An abundance of Katherines" by John Green, but my sister wanted it too so I decided to let her have it on the condition that I could read it when she's finished. This basically means I have a free book.



I found this beautiful fluorite at a small market in the local village. I've been collecting crystals ever since I was five, and whenever I go on a holiday I try to bring a crystal home with me. It was hard to choose a crystal, as the seller had so many different ones. But eventually this little fluorite stole my heart and got to go home with me.


I got this cute grocery list at a store called Hema. It's a Dutch store, but it slowly starts to spread across Europe. It always has the cutest stationary and a lot of other cute things. Since I'll be moving out soon I figured I'd need a grocery list thingy of some sorts. Whenever I see my mom make a grocery list I wonder how she never forgets anything. Even if I'd check my fridge and the cupboards for missing food, I'd still forget half of the things simply because I wouldn't miss them until after the grocery shopping. So my idea is to write down my groceries as soon as they come to my mind. So if I'm in my room and thinking "I need to buy painkillers" I would have to get up and write it down so I won't forget it when I'm going shopping. Let's hope that'll work..




I bought these clothes at H&M. The jeans, which are in a seventies style, were on sale for 7 euro. The top was only 10 euro. I fell in love with the jeans the moment I tried them on. I've been very insecure lately, mostly because in the summer I always gain weight. I don't know why, but I do. In two months time I gained 4kg, which makes me feel terrible. But these jeans made me feel confident because I love how they fit. I wish I could wear them forever.
The shirt caught my attention because it has constellations on it. I'm a lover of the stars and the universe as a whole. It also has my zodiac on it (Sagittarius), which makes it even cooler.
I love this outfit to bits and I feel like it's gonna be my new fave. It's even better that it was so cheap, as I'm a huge cheapskate.

Anyways, that was what I bought. I'm not really supposed to spend money, as I'm still saving up to go see my datefriend, but my parents decided to pay half of the things I bought, so that makes it a bit better. Hopefully I'll find time to read my new books as well as doing the many other things I'm planning on doing this summer holiday. I hope all of you are having a great holiday, and I'm curious about what you guys are up to. I hope it's something that makes you happy!
Have a nice day!


No comments:

Post a Comment