Thursday 9 July 2015

Chaos

I'm pausing my Pokémon marathon to write this post, as I realised I now finally have some time to write after a chaotic few weeks.
A lot has happened in the past two weeks.. I had a lot of exams to take and many assignments to do, which caused me a lot of stress. In the meanwhile I was in the process of moving out and getting my room done, and on top of that my aunt passed away last week. The whole family knew it was gonna happen, as my aunt has been battling cancer for over two years. We always knew she would never get better, but the last few months went so fast. About a month ago she was told that no treatment could help her anymore, and three weeks later she passed away. It was in the middle on my exam week, so that caused me a lot of stress. Luckily I have a very kind mentor who let me take the exam I missed (due to the funeral) today.

The days in between her passing and the funeral were hectic. We'd constantly have our family members coming over during the day, in the evening our neighbours would come visit to ask how we were doing and such (a lot of neighbours are also our friends), and in between that our phone would constantly ring. It was also difficult to see my grandparents cry, it's just heartbreaking..
My dad (who's my aunt's younger brother) stayed calm and would often joke around, but I knew he was upset too. My dad is the kind of guy that doesn't show his emotions around others, and he copes with difficult situations by using humour. I'm actually much the same, now that I think of it..
My uncle (who's my dad's and my aunt's younger brother) on the other hand cried a lot during the funeral. It was pretty strange because he is this 6'2 ft tall strong guy who usually jokes around a lot, and now I saw him break down crying. I think most of my tears came from seeing my family so broken..
After the funeral you could just see the relief my family had. That may sound weird, but we were all just glad that it was over. My aunt had suffered for a long time, and it caused us all just as much stress. So now we finally have time to process everything and let it rest.

The past few days me and my parents have been working on my new room. It's weird to walk around there and see myself living there with three other people, though now that the furniture is there it does starts to feel more like a place I can call mine. I just have to get my stuff there and buy some decorations, but I'll do that after my holiday.

In just two days me and my family will be going to Luxembourg for two weeks. Though none of us feel like we're going on a holiday, I'm sure it'll do us good to be away from home for a while after such a stressful period. It's gonna be a weird summer holiday for sure, but I think we all deserved some time off..

No comments:

Post a Comment