Monday 11 May 2015

A scary ride

Last week was my May holiday, and thus I had a lot of free time on my hands. I went to spend the weekend with my best friend, who I've known since I was five. I went to meet up with an internet friend, which was really fun, and I went shopping with my sister and grandma. But I also drove all the way to the other side of the country to visit my parents who were camping there, which was quite scary because I had never driven that far on my own. I've had my driver's license for 1.5 months now and I'm slowly getting used to driving without there being someone next to me, but it's still quite scary sometimes. Last week I had to drive over two hours to get to my parents, and that day there happened to be an incredibly strong wind, and I had to drive on a highway for most of the ride. Don't get me wrong, I like driving fast, so that's not the problem. But driving on a highway when the wind is so strong it's shaking your car is less fun. Luckily it all went well.

And when I thought I had the worst, I encountered the roundabout *insert horror noise*. This isn't a normal roundabout. It's one with three lanes and there's no way to know which one you need for which turn. It's an incredibly busy roundabout and you'll just have to guess which lane you need. I got it wrong the first time, so to make things worse I had to make another round on that horror thing. And my sister, who was sitting next to me, didn't help either.

Long story short, it was scary but I survived. Luckily on the way back there was almost no one on the road, so it was less scary (although the wind had gotten stronger).

I had a great day with the family at the seaside. We got quite lucky for a change, because in the entire country there was a storm going on, except for where we were, because there the weather was great. We went to walk on the beach, play with my grandpa's (who passed away a few years ago) kites, and we went out for dinner in a place where we used to come a lot as kids. It was great to relive a part of my youth, and that made the drive worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment