Tuesday 12 May 2015

Shopping trip / fashion haul

As I said in my previous post, last week was the May holiday and I went shopping with my sister and grandma. It was really nice because it had been a while since I had done something fun together with my grandma, and I missed it. We went to a city called Utrecht, which is in the middle of the Netherlands. I have free public travel during work days (because I'm a student), my grandma had a card for one free day left and we had gotten a free ticket in the mail, so my sister used that one. The train journey was about 1.5 hours, which is not too bad in my opinion.

First we went to the NewYorker, which is quite a cool store with reasonable prices. I'm not too fond of spending a lot of money on one item, so I tried not to pick the most expensive things out there. I bought a mint green crop top and a pair of dungarees. Just because I can.


The second store is my favourite. I had ordered from them before but I had never visited their store. I'm talking about Lush. After my first bathbomb (see one of my previous posts) I fell in love and I wanted more. But the shipping costs are fairly high, so it's better to visit the store. For once I didn't mind to spend money.


The third store we went to was HM, which is pretty known everywhere I think. I have a love/hate relationship with this store. Mainly because half of the time I can't find anything nice, and the other half I find too many cool things. The latter was the case this time. I bought two tops and two shorts. I really needed those because I had to throw away a lot of shorts and stops that didn't fit/had holes or stains.


And the last store I bought something was The Sting. It's an awesome store, but I only buy things there if they're on sale. It's not that they're ridiculously expensive, just a little to expensive for my own personal taste. Here I bought a pair of black jeans, because I was lacking those. (also in this picture: stuff from the NewYorker)


Conclusion: this was the first time in about a year I actually spent a lot of money at once, instead of buying one item at the time spread over a few weeks. My wallet hurts, but my inner fashionista (if I even have one) is satisfied.




No comments:

Post a Comment