Thursday 21 May 2015

Quest for a room

I always said that I would stay at home during my study period. Simply because I can't afford to move out and I don't feel like lending money. But after hearing some stories of cheap and good rooms nearby my school I changed my mind. I really want to move out, more than anything. Not that it's so bad at home, on the contrary, I love it here. But I just really need my own space. If I could I would rent my own apartment, but that's just too expensive. So now I'm looking for a room, or people to rent an apartment with.

The problems that I've encountered so far are making it difficult though. A lot of rooms within my budget are either too small or don't include things like water and electricity, which means that if I find a nice room within my budget I'd still go over budget because I would have to pay for those things.

Another problem is that a lot of rooms are in houses where people expect you to go clubbing with them every weekend, and go to parties and such. I don't want that. I mean, I don't mind spending time together but it shouldn't be a rule to do so. I need some time for myself too.

I found a nice room near the city where my university is, but my mom is against it because it's in Germany. Even though it's only 10 mins by train, she doesn't like it. But I've contacted the owners so maybe I can convince my mom.

It feels weird to look at rooms, because I feel like time went so fast.. I'm 18 and planning on moving out. When did that happen? How? It feels like yesterday that I turned 12 and became a "teenager". Or that I turned 16 and graduated from high school. Time goes so fast and even though I'm ready to move out I don't feel like I'm ready to be a "real" adult yet. I wan't to enjoy my teenage years as much as I can, and this will be an exciting new chapter to my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment